The Center for Race and Gender hosts the CRG Thursday Forum Series featuring presentations from faculty, fellows, and students on emerging research on race, gender, and their intersections. Forum presentations represent a broad landscape of ideas, topics, and disciplinary approaches, and are great opportunities to engage in discussions about new research or share scholarly work for community feedback.
Forums take place on Thursdays at 4:00 pm – 5:30 pm in the CRG Conference Room in 691 Barrows Hall, unless otherwise noted. Forums are open to the public and the location is wheelchair accessible. Light refreshments are served. Join us for future forums and listen to podcasts of past forums.
SPRING 2018 Thursday Forum Proposal Deadline:
Friday, November 30, 2017
If you are interested in presenting as an individual or as part of a panel, or if you have suggestions for topics and presenters, please download the appropriate application below, and e-mail your application by the deadline to email@example.com with the subject line: CRG Forum – (Your Name).
- Angana Chatterji, Political Conflict, Gender, and People’s Rights Project
- David Cohen, WSD Handa Center for Human Rights and International Justice, Stanford University
Thur, Sep 21, 2017:
- Bryan Wagner, English
- Patty Frontiers, D-Lab
- Amani Morrison, African Diaspora Studies
- Shadrick Small, Sociology
Thur, Oct 12, 2017 (5pm-7pm):
- Book talk by book author and artist, Alberto Ledesma (Arts & Humanities Graduate Diversity Office)
- Respondents: Paola Bacchetta, Gender & Women’s Studies; Juan Prieto
Thur, Oct 19, 2017:
- Ilaria Giglioli, Geography
- Kate Jastram, Human Rights Attorney
Thur, Nov 2, 2017:
Malika Imhotep, African American Studies and DE in New Media
Aaminah Norris, College of Education, Sacramento State
Keith Feldman, Ethnic Studies
Abigail De Kosnik, Berkeley Center for New Media and Dept. of Theater, Dance, and Performance Studies
Thur, Nov 30, 2017:
- Natalee Kēhaulani Bauer, Graduate School of Education
- Michael Singh, School of Education
Thursday Forum Archive
Since 2002, the CRG has hosted the Thursday Forum Series spotlighting a wide range of race and gender research topics explored by faculty and students at UC Berkeley and from neighboring campuses in the Bay Area. Forum audio recordings are available in our Podcast Archive.