Over the years, CRG has co-sponsored conferences, performances, and events spearheaded by other departments and institutions both on- and off-campus.
Over the years, the Center for Race and Gender (CRG) has co-sponsored conferences, performances, and events spearheaded by other departments and institutions both on- and off-campus. We are pleased to provide financial or administrative support for a limited number of activities each year. Organizations seeking support from CRG should be aware of our co-sponsorship guidelines.
CRG is happy to consider providing co-sponsorship in the way of funding, publicity, and/or the use of the CRG Conference Room to non-CRG Research Working Groups hosting events. Events include but are not limited to: conferences, symposia, guest lectures, workshops, trainings, film screenings, performances, exhibits, and other activities supporting critical research in the areas of race, gender, and sexuality.
Eligibility for a CRG Co-sponsorship
- You must be a registered student organization (RSO) and/or student, faculty of staff affiliated with a UC Berkeley college, school, department, center, institute, office or research unit.
- Your program or event must align with the CRG's mission and have clear relevance in supporting critical research in the areas of race, gender, and sexuality.
- Your program or event must include a research component.
Propose Speakers for CRG Forum Series
Groups wishing to propose speakers for CRG’s Forum Series are welcome to do so. Proposals must be made in the semester preceding the proposed lecture date. (see sidebar button on this page to submit a proposal).
Publicity for Events
Event Co-sponsors must arrange for their own publicity (creation of flyers, email messages, and social media posts). Requests to disseminate information about the event via CRG’s weekly Sunday e-newsletter via Mailchimp will be considered on a case-by-case basis. CRG email updates are distributed each Sunday during the academic year; therefore, information about events must be submitted in advance to (email@example.com), at the latest by Wednesday of the prior week in which the event will be held.
Use of the CRG Conference Room (691 Social Sciences Building)
Use of the CRG Conference Room during the AY 2022 - 2023 is limited. Please include in your proposal if you have a space for your event or would like to request the use of our conference room.
Each event sponsor is responsible for the following event logistics:
We request you acknowledge the Center for Race and Gender at UC Berkeley as a supporting sponsor on the event publicity by name (Center for Race & Gender at UC Berkeley) and/or by the usage of the CRG logo.
- Email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with event information and publicity at least two weeks prior to the event date.
- Set-up and post-event clean-up of the CRG Conference Room (691 Social Science Building), if the event is hosted at CRG.
- Submit a brief report with photos that CRG may use for publicity and reporting purposes, within 30 days after the event took place and no later than May 30th, whichever is first.
Stay current and follow UC Berkeley’s Covid-19 policies, including any travel, visitors, and social and health protocols.
Co-sponsorship Request Process
Complete application includes the following:
- Submission of a complete Request for Event Co-sponsorship (see sidebar button on this page).
Any co-sponsorship funding request must be proposed to CRG at least four weeks in advance of the event in order to ensure that CRG has enough time to review the request and process the transfer of funds.
Any co-sponsorship request that does not involve funding (i.e. publicity only) must be proposed to CRG at least two weeks in advance of the event.